Mold Damage Cleanup by Skilled Technicians in Chicago
Learn Why SERVPRO Is Best in Chicago for All Mold Damage Restorations
There are a lot of common myths, misunderstandings, and confusion regarding black mold development and best practices for cleaning. You should never trust any company claiming they can complete mold removal at your Chicago property because mold ‘removal’ is impossible. There is a lot about mold that calls for specialized care and cleanup to ensure you and your family are safe throughout – this is where SERVPRO comes in.
With proven methods and a highly-trained team ready to address mold damage in Chicago, we can freshen your interior and allow you to enjoy your home again. But why call professionals? We can explain!
What Everyone Should Know About Mold Damage and Remediation
There are not only hundreds of kinds of mold, but microscopic mold spores are all around us, indoors and outdoors. These tiny mold spores travel through the air and come into our homes and businesses through the HVAC system, windows, and on people or pets. These are some helpful things to remember when you are curious about mold:
- Mold thrives on moisture and begins colonizing fast when given the right environment. If you have a moisture problem or poor ventilation, you could have mold festering under cabinets, behind furnishings, and cracks around your tubs and showers.
- Are you noticing a strong, musty odor but not sure where it is coming from? This is usually a telltale sign that mold is present, and you should have someone come in for a full inspection.
- Before starting any mold remediation, our SERVPRO crew will address any known water or moisture problem to fix it. Failing to do so before mold cleanup begins leaves the possibility that the mold issue will come back.
Can SERVPRO Handle a Large-scale Commercial Mold Restoration Project?
SERVPRO is locally-owned and operated with extensive warehouse facilities that house an immense inventory of tools and equipment. Once you make initial contact with our customer care team, we gather information on your project to help determine the scope. From there, we mobilize our team to load up our Green Fleet with all the best equipment for the job and head to your door so that we can begin the assessment.
- Infrared cameras allow us to identify areas where moisture is hidden from the naked eye.
- Professional moisture detectors, meters, sensors, and hygrometers allow us to measure moisture saturation.
- Industrial-grade dehumidifiers help us to pull water vapors from the air
- Air scrubbers with onboard HEPA filtration allow us to pull out particulates from the air.
- Specialized vacuums help pull up and trap mold spores while keeping them from dispersing into the air.
What You Can Do Before We Arrive
We get ready and get to your door within a few hours of your call so we can get started. Until then, we suggest you:
- Stay clear of any areas with suspected mold growth
- Shut off any fans and your HVAC system
- Never spray or wipe any visible mold on any surfaces
- Do not attempt drying the area yourself
With any mold remediation, odor control is paramount. SERVPRO’s Odor Control Technicians (OCT) work to eliminate odors using the best products for deodorizing and sanitizing. This includes EPA-registered antimicrobials, odor counteractant beads, thermal fogging equipment, etc. We never mask odors with sprays, and everything is left clean with surfaces sanitized – Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned!
Mold damage is not a do-it-yourself project. Contacting SERVPRO of Hyde Park/E. Bridgeport/Bronzeville gets you the detailed restoration you deserve. Call us at (312) 509-5000!